FREMONT, Calif., Jan. 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX), a leading business process services company, today announced financial results for the fiscal fourth quarter and fiscal year ended November 30, 2018.
"Our record results continued in the fourth quarter as a result of strong demand in Technology Solutions and outstanding performance from Concentrix," said Dennis Polk, President and Chief Executive Officer, SYNNEX Corporation. "Superior execution by our team and leveraging the strategic investments we have made enabled the strong finish to fiscal 2018. We look forward to driving additional value for all our constituents in 2019."
Fiscal 2018 Fourth Quarter Highlights:
- Technology Solutions: Revenue was $4.7 billion, down 2.7% from the prior fiscal year fourth quarter. Operating income was $123 million, or 2.6% of segment revenue, compared to $112 million, or 2.3% of segment revenue, in the prior fiscal year fourth quarter. Non-GAAP operating income was $136 million, or 2.9% of segment revenue, in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2018, compared to $128 million, or 2.7% of segment revenue, in the prior fiscal year fourth quarter.
- Concentrix: Revenue was $972 million, up 82.0% from the prior fiscal year fourth quarter as a result of the Convergys acquisition on October 5th. Operating income was $75 million, or 7.7% of segment revenue, compared to $48 million, or 8.9% of segment revenue in the prior fiscal year fourth quarter. Non-GAAP operating income was $129 million, or 13.2% of segment revenue, in the fiscal fourth quarter of 2018, compared to $65 million, or 12.1% of segment revenue, in the prior fiscal year fourth quarter.
- The trailing fiscal four quarters Return on Invested Capital ("ROIC") was 7.9% compared to 10.3% in the prior fiscal year fourth quarter. The adjusted trailing fiscal four quarters ROIC was 10.8%.
- Depreciation and amortization were $34 million and $45 million, respectively.
- Cash generated from operations was approximately $141 million for the quarter.
Fiscal 2018 Highlights:
- Technology Solutions: Revenue was $17.6 billion, up 16.8% from the prior fiscal year. Operating income was $406 million, or 2.3% of segment revenue, compared to $394 million, or 2.6% of segment revenue, in the prior fiscal year. Non-GAAP operating income was $464 million, or 2.6% of segment revenue, in fiscal year 2018, compared to $413 million, or 2.7% of segment revenue, in the prior fiscal year.
- Concentrix: Revenue was $2.5 billion, up 23.8% from the prior fiscal year as a result of the Convergys acquisition on October 5th. Operating income was $145 million, or 5.9% of segment revenue, compared to $115 million, or 5.8% of segment revenue, in the prior fiscal year. Non-GAAP operating income was $257 million, or 10.4% of segment revenue, in fiscal year 2018, compared to $180 million, or 9.0% of segment revenue, in the prior fiscal year.
- Depreciation and amortization were $101 million and $124 million, respectively.
- Cash generated from operations was approximately $101 million for the year.
Fiscal 2019 First Quarter Outlook:
The following statements are based on SYNNEX's current expectations for the fiscal 2019 first quarter. Non-GAAP financial measures exclude the impact of acquisition-related and integration expenses, the amortization of intangibles and the related tax effects thereon. These statements are forward-looking and actual results may differ materially.
- Revenue is expected to be in the range of $5.225 billion to $5.425 billion.
- Net income is expected to be in the range of $88.1 million to $93.1 million and, on a Non-GAAP basis, net income is expected to be in the range of $138.9 million to $143.9 million.
- Diluted earnings per share is expected to be in the range of $1.71 to $1.81 and, on a Non-GAAP basis, diluted earnings per share is expected to be in the range of $2.70 to $2.80.
- After-tax amortization of intangibles is expected to be $37.7 million, or $0.73 per share.
- After-tax acquisition-related and integration expense is expected to be $13.1 million, or $0.25 per share.
SYNNEX announced today that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.375 per common share. The dividend is payable on January 31, 2019 to stockholders of record as of the close of business on January 22, 2019.
Conference Call and Webcast
SYNNEX will be discussing its financial results and outlook on a conference call today at 2:00 p.m. (PT). A webcast of the call will be available at http://ir.synnex.com . The conference call will also be available via telephone by dialing (866) 393-4306 in North America or (734) 385-2616 outside North America. The passcode for the call is "SNX." A replay of the webcast will be available at http://ir.synnex.com approximately two hours after the conference call has concluded where it will be archived for one year.
About SYNNEX Corporation
SYNNEX Corporation (NYSE: SNX) is a Fortune 200 corporation and a leading business process services company, providing a comprehensive range of distribution, logistics and integration services for the technology industry and providing outsourced services focused on customer engagement to a broad range of enterprises. SYNNEX distributes a broad range of information technology systems and products, and also provides systems design and integration solutions. Concentrix, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SYNNEX Corporation, offers a portfolio of strategic solutions and end-to-end business services focused on customer engagement, process optimization, technology innovation, front and back-office automation and business transformation to clients in ten identified industry verticals. Founded in 1980, SYNNEX Corporation operates in numerous countries throughout North and South America, Asia-Pacific and Europe. Additional information about SYNNEX may be found online at www.synnex.com .
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information
In addition to the financial results presented in accordance with GAAP, SYNNEX also uses adjusted selling, general and administrative expenses, non-GAAP operating income, non-GAAP operating margin, adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization ("Adjusted EBITDA"), non-GAAP net income, and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share, which are non-GAAP financial measures that exclude acquisition-related and integration expenses, restructuring costs, the amortization of intangible assets and the related tax effects thereon.
In fiscal year 2018, non-GAAP net income and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share also exclude the impact of an adjustment relating to the enactment of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. This adjustment includes a transition tax on accumulated overseas profits and the remeasurement of deferred tax assets and liabilities to the new U.S. tax rate.
Additionally, SYNNEX refers to growth rates at constant currency or adjusting for the translation effect of foreign currencies so that certain financial results can be viewed without the impact of fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates, thereby facilitating period-to-period comparisons of the Company's business performance. Financial results adjusted for currency are calculated by translating current period activity in the transaction currency using the comparable prior year periods' currency conversion rate. Generally, when the dollar either strengthens or weakens against other currencies, growth at constant currency rates or adjusting for currency will be higher or lower than growth reported at actual exchange rates.
Trailing fiscal four quarters ROIC is defined as the last four quarters' tax effected operating income divided by the average of the last five quarterly balances of borrowings (excluding book overdraft) and equity, net of cash and cash equivalents in the United States. Adjusted ROIC is calculated by excluding the tax effected impact of acquisition-related and integration expenses, restructuring costs and the amortization of intangibles from operating income and equity.
SYNNEX management uses non-GAAP financial measures internally to understand, manage and evaluate the business, to establish operational goals, and in some cases for measuring performance for compensation purposes. These non-GAAP measures are intended to provide investors with an understanding of SYNNEX' operational results and trends that more readily enable investors to analyze SYNNEX' base financial and operating performance and to facilitate period-to-period comparisons and analysis of operational trends, as well as for planning and forecasting in future periods. Management believes these non-GAAP financial measures are useful to investors in allowing for greater transparency with respect to supplemental information used by management in its financial and operational decision-making. As these non-GAAP financial measures are not calculated in accordance with GAAP, they may not necessarily be comparable to similarly titled measures employed by other companies. These non-GAAP financial measures should not be considered in isolation or as a substitute for the comparable GAAP measures, and should be read only in conjunction with the Company's consolidated financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP. A reconciliation of SYNNEX' non-GAAP financial information to GAAP is set forth in the supplemental information section at the end of this press release.
Safe Harbor Statement
Statements in this news release regarding SYNNEX Corporation that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements may be identified by terms such as believe, foresee, expect, may, will, provide, could and should and the negative of these terms or other similar expressions. These statements, including statements regarding our expectations and outlook for the fiscal 2019 first quarter as to revenue, net income, non-GAAP net income, diluted earnings per share, non-GAAP diluted earnings per share, tax rate, after-tax amortization of intangibles, and after-tax acquisition-related and integration expenses, frequency and occurrence of dividend declarations, as well as statements regarding additional value for constituents, and the anticipated benefits of the non-GAAP financial measures are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: general economic conditions and any weakness in information technology and consumer electronics spending; the estimated financial impact of the Convergys acquisition; the loss or consolidation of one or more of our significant original equipment manufacturer, or OEM, suppliers or customers; market acceptance and product life of the products we assemble and distribute; competitive conditions in our industry and their impact on our margins; pricing, margin and other terms with our OEM suppliers; our ability to gain market share; variations in supplier-sponsored programs; changes in our costs and operating expenses; changes in foreign currency exchange rates; changes in tax laws; risks associated with our international operations; uncertainties and variability in demand by our reseller and integration customers; supply shortages or delays; any termination or reduction in our floor plan financing arrangements; credit exposure to our reseller customers and negative trends in their businesses; any future incidents of theft; and other risks and uncertainties detailed in our Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended November 30, 2017 and subsequent SEC filings. Statements included in this press release are based upon information known to SYNNEX Corporation as of the date of this release, and SYNNEX Corporation assumes no obligation to update information contained in this press release.
Copyright 2019 SYNNEX Corporation. All rights reserved. SYNNEX, the SYNNEX Logo, CONCENTRIX, and all other SYNNEX company, product and services names and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of SYNNEX Corporation. SYNNEX, the SYNNEX Logo, and CONCENTRIX Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. Other names and marks are the property of their respective owners.
Telephone: (510) 668-3837
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/synnex-corporation-reports-fiscal-2018-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-results-300776556.html
SOURCE SYNNEX Corporation