Twitter Q4 and Fiscal Year 2015 Shareholder Letter|
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 4:28:43 PM ET
2015 was another very strong year for Twitter. Total revenue reached $2.2 billion, up 58% year over year
with more than $550 million in adjusted EBITDA. We made significant progress in scaling the total
number of active advertisers to 130,000 in Q4, up almost 90% year over year. It's remarkable we built
this business in just five years from zero revenue. We saw a decline in monthly active usage in Q4, but
we've already seen January monthly actives bounce back to Q3 levels. We're confident that, with
disciplined execution, this growth trend will continue over time.
- Q4 revenue totaled $710 million, an increase of 48% year-over-year. Excluding the impact of
year-over-year changes in foreign exchange rates, revenue would have increased 53%.
- Advertising revenue totaled $641 million, an increase of 48% year-over-year. Excluding
the impact of year-over-year changes in foreign exchange rates, advertising revenue
would have increased 53%. Mobile advertising revenue was 86% of total advertising
- Data licensing and other revenue totaled $70 million, an increase of 48% year-over-year.
- U.S. revenue totaled $463 million, an increase of 47% year-over-year.
- International revenue totaled $247 million, an increase of 51% year-over-year.
- Q4 GAAP net loss of $90 million and non-GAAP net income of $115 million.
- Q4 GAAP diluted EPS of ($0.13) and non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.16.
- Q4 adjusted EBITDA of $191 million, up 35% year-over-year, representing an adjusted EBITDA
margin of 27%.
- Total average monthly active users (MAUs) were 320 million for Q4, up 9% year-over-year,
compared to 320 million in the previous quarter.
- Excluding SMS Fast Followers, MAUs were 305 million for Q4, up 6% year-over-year, compared
to 307 million in the previous quarter.
- Mobile MAUs represented approximately 80% of total MAUs.
- Total audience, which consists of MAUs and monthly logged-out visitors, totaled more than 800
million in Q4.
For the full press release, please go here