Walmart U.S. Q1 comps grew 1.4% and Walmart U.S. eCommerce GMV grew 69%, Company reports Q1 FY18 diluted EPS of $1.00|
Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:00:00 AM ET
"We delivered a solid first quarter and
we're encouraged by the start to the year.
We're moving faster to combine our
digital and physical assets to make
shopping simple and easy for customers.
Our plan is gaining traction, and I want to
thank our associates for their hard work,
ingenuity and commitment to our
customers. Our customers have choices,
and we have to earn their business with
President and CEO, Walmart
- Diluted EPS was $1.00, an increase of 2% over last year
- Total revenue was $117.5 billion, an increase of 1.4%. Excluding
currency, total revenue was $118.8 billion, an increase of
- Walmart U.S. comp sales increased 1.4%, driven by a traffic
increase of 1.5%. Comp traffic increased 3.0% on a two-year
- E-commerce growth at Walmart U.S. was strong as sales and
GMV increased 63% and 69%, respectively. The majority of
this growth was organic through Walmart.com.
- Net sales at Walmart International were $27.1 billion, a
decrease of 3.5%. Excluding currency, net sales were $28.3
billion, an increase of 0.8%.
- The company generated $5.4 billion in operating cash flow and returned $3.7 billion to shareholders
through dividends and share repurchases
For the full press release, please go here